What's new

Way to track single computer traffic on Asus RT-N66R

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bphillips

New Around Here
I have an Asus RT-N66R router in our small office. I'm looking for a way to track traffic on a single computer. I am having a little dispute with a business partner regarding hours worked. I need a way to prove what time of day he first uses his computer and what time he stops using it. Is this possible?

I have an Asus RT-N66R router in our small office. I'm looking for a way to track traffic on a single computer. I am having a little dispute with a business partner regarding hours worked. I need a way to prove what time of day he first uses his computer and what time he stops using it. Is this possible?

The Windows Event Log would contain the time at which someone either turned a PC on, or logged into it. That would be the best place to retrieve that kind of info.

A network-based monitor might not be accurate, as services such as antivirus software or Windows itself might download updates outside of working hours.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!