What's new

WD Targets Creatives With New My Cloud Pro and My Passport Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
mycloudnas.jpg
Western Digital released two new products, the My Cloud Pro Series NAS and My Passport Wireless Pro mobile storage drive.

Designed with creative professionals and enthusiasts in mind, both products are compatible with Adobe Creative Cloud, as well as WD's remote media management products, including the Plex Media Server and My Cloud 3.

The My Cloud Pro Series NAS is offered with up to 32 TB of storage and includes a hardware accelerated video processor designed to handle video formats up to 4K. The NAS also adds a one-touch backup feature that automatically imports files from USB connected drives and cameras.

wd-mypassport.jpg

My Passport Wireless Pro is a wireless drive, available up to 3 TB, that uses Wi-Fi to store files sent from compatible cameras. The drive provides 10 hours of battery life, and can be used as a charger for small devices, including cameras and phones. Capable of connecting up to eight wireless devices, the drive can also be tethered for file transfers. For extra capacity, the drive also includes a built-in card reader, as well as a USB port.

Both the My Cloud Pro Series NAS and My Passport Wireless Pro mobile storage are now available. Depending on configuration, the NAS retails between $399.99 and $1,649.99, including a 2-year warranty for diskless models and 3 years for models including drives. The wireless drive retails between $229.99 and $249.99 and includes a 2-year limited warranty.

Last edited:
Hey Julio, why this new post instead of mine here? I was faster providing the annoucement the same day it happened. You could have completed it with additional infos and pictures instead. And my post could have been 'Featured' like you call it, no?

For a moment I thought that maybe WD was not your bag and that you skipped the news.
I'm not sure I could rely on the news on front page anymore for new products annoucements.

Hey Julio, why this new post instead of mine here?
I decide on what goes on the news page, not Julio. All your post contained was a link to the company press release. If you want news posted in the future, you need to write a story.

Sure, I only posted the news with proper link so you can catch it and make a full post. I even sent you a tweet on that same day. And like I posted above, I simply thought you would just grab my post and edit/add to it but hey it's ok, you do as you like.

Anyway, you posted the news close to 2 weeks later after announcement went live everywhere else. After a week I even sent you an email why that news did not make it here but never got a reply. I was curious because many weeks ago I subscribed to the newsletter and lately I was realizing they are less common than shortly after I subscribed. Then when I found out that the WD announcement was not listed here, I think I was curious to know for how long SNB was on decline about posting all the industry news on topics usually covered here.

I hope it's clear, my native language is french. Sometimes I reread myslef and not sure people will understand it the way I intend. In the end I only wanted to help.

Also, when I look at the topics in the General NAS Discussion forum, I see my post have 900 read while all others around have much less so I thought there was interest in that product. Maybe it's mostly search engines that were bringing people here and since I haven't created a beautiful post with images and details, people only clicked the link to read the real news. Just a missed opportunity for more visitors and interaction here.