What's new

Web History: fixed, but filtering does not work

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vrapp

It looks like Web History under Adaptive QoS has been fixed, and now shows the entries in chronological order. But there's a little problem: the dropdown filtering it by the client does not work. The list gets filtered for a short instant, but in the next one it's showing all clients again.

It looks like Web History under Adaptive QoS has been fixed, and now shows the entries in chronological order. But there's a little problem: the dropdown filtering it by the client does not work. The list gets filtered for a short instant, but in the next one it's showing all clients again.
Hi,
which FW version do you use?
Did you fix it or was it fixed by a new version?
My web history doesn't work for a year now, even though I reset and reinstalled my AC68U (with the settings backup tool).
Thanks,

@JohnDeere, if you reset the router but used a backup config file afterward, it is like you never reset the router at all. ;)

I have the same issue, it seems to occur when the web history contains a lot of entries. When you filter, it first filters it according to the selected client, but then loads more entries and puts them into the same window, and it gets mixed up. With only a few entries (after deletion), filtering works.
Seems to be either a bug, or the interface cannot handle large histories.

I wonder whether there is a way to download a file that contains the web history from the router, and then use decent tools to analyze. Does anyone know where it is stored?

I have the same issue, it seems to occur when the web history contains a lot of entries. When you filter, it first filters it according to the selected client, but then loads more entries and puts them into the same window, and it gets mixed up. With only a few entries (after deletion), filtering works.
Seems to be either a bug, or the interface cannot handle large histories.

I wonder whether there is a way to download a file that contains the web history from the router, and then use decent tools to analyze. Does anyone know where it is stored?

Can I export report from web history on 384.11 - Asus RT-88U

Yes, you are right, but I used the command line config backup tool (latest ver. 26.2) to restore settings. Not the backup from the GUI...

Is that the outdated one by @john9527?

Yes, @JohnDeere, those are the old scripts that are a bit hit and miss on today's router.

There are people working on those right now to modernize them. There may be an alpha or beta version that you could use?

Sorry, I don't remember who is actually working on this right now (a little exhausted as the furnace was acting up all night and hence, no sleep).

Oh I see... This migration script seemed to work for my AC68U_WHITE, but it's true it is a bit old, so you are right - this may be the reason why the reset restore was not perfect, thus the features in question don't work well.
I will try to find some updated script. Thanks a lot for pointing this out for me.
Good luck with your furnace and wish you can get some sleep :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!