What's new

Web interface corrupt, requires regular full clear-cache refresh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Simon W

Regular Contributor
I use Chrome on MacOS. I regularly find the web interface requires a full refresh (holding Shift down while refreshing) due to layout issues. This is not an occasional issue, feels like 1-in-20 pages visited, perhaps more.

Right now I'm using a AX88U, however this was the same with my previous Asus router. This has happened across multiple firmware versions. Including complete resets and manual reconfigures. Chrome cache has also been completely emptied. Also across multiple clients.

Does anything else suffer with the same?

Are you using a self signed HTTPS cert? I remember this happening when it was not imported on my windows machines.

Are you using a self signed HTTPS cert? I remember this happening when it was not imported on my windows machines.
No, one from LetsEncrypt, though I am accessing via a URL that's not on the cert so am getting a security error on first access.

I'll try using the external FQDN (thanks).

I use Chrome on MacOS. I regularly find the web interface requires a full refresh (holding Shift down while refreshing) due to layout issues. This is not an occasional issue, feels like 1-in-20 pages visited, perhaps more.

Right now I'm using a AX88U, however this was the same with my previous Asus router. This has happened across multiple firmware versions. Including complete resets and manual reconfigures. Chrome cache has also been completely emptied. Also across multiple clients.

Does anything else suffer with the same?
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/webui-unresponsive-with-certain-mobile-browsers.62545/

Sent from my SM-T805 using Asus RT-AC86U & Merlin 384.13

As follow-up, I've been accessing the interface via the same FQDN as used in the SSL certificate = no security warning = no more interface layout issues/errors etc.

Normally my <my_ddns_name>@asuscomm.com address wouldn't be reachable from within my internal network (routed out and then back in again where it's blocked on the WAN port) so what I did was added an entry to the hosts.add (192.168.x.x <my_ddns_name>@asuscomm.com) - @RMerlin perhaps this is something you could consider doing automatically upon setting up a DDNS in a future release as I think keeping such traffic routing internally would always be desirable?

Does it happens with Firefox, I'm recommending this, as it has a different render engine

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Does it happens with Firefox, I'm recommending this, as it has a different render engine

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
Not a Firefox user I'm afraid, though it was the same in Safari (so more than just a single browser issue).

To be honest, you could do a lot of optimization, or better said, improvements to the router's web interface. There are also numerous tools for this, such as Google's Page Speed. Most of the time you will notice a much better performance of the GUI after just a few changes. We already had this topic here some time ago, but it didn't meet with much approval despite good arguments.

:)

Edit
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/make-the-asus-router-gui-faster.45724

Last edited:
@eclp from that thread you linked to, it seems to me like RMerlin had good arguments too. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!