What's new

Web login issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tribaljedi

New Around Here
First off great firmware. Does everything I want.

Odd issue though.

Last night everything was fine. Today I cannot login to the web interface. Authentication error. However, I can telnet and login just fine.

Any ideas?

First off great firmware. Does everything I want.

Odd issue though.

Last night everything was fine. Today I cannot login to the web interface. Authentication error. However, I can telnet and login just fine.

Any ideas?

Firmware version? Router model?

Authentication error makes me think that the httpd is still running, however it could be the blacklist feature that was broken a few FW versions ago (that's why I'm asking for the FW version), or the use of special characters that don't get properly processed by the webui (I recommend sticking to alphanumerics, and simple symbols such as -_. etc...).

Sorry.

RT-AC86U
RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374.39_0

I've rebooted it multiple times but still I cannot login to the web interface using the password that works with telnet or using the default admin:admin.

I've tried with IE and Chrome. Going to try clearing my cache but I doubt that will have any affect.

Also the only special character in the password is a bang.

Is there is a way to change the password via cli? passwd doesn't work.

Do a factory reset. That character might be screwing it up or someone might have gotten in it and changed the pass.

I can try that at another time.

I do not believe the password has been changed. Why can I still login via telnet if it has been changed, and who would have changed it? And the ! in the password has worked just fine for the last 6 months with the factory firmware.

That character might have just gotten messed up from the old factory firmware to the newer firmware. Factory reset the router, its takes 2 minutes, and you will be able to log back in. You should do this anyway when coming from older firmware to newer firmware.

It worked after the upgrade. For the sake of the developer I will wait to factory reset in case it is a problem with the firmware that he doesn't know about.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!