What's new

Weird AP/VPN behaviour

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

taured

Occasional Visitor
My setup:
Router (ax53u) 192.168.1.1 (cable)-----> AP (ac51u) Static IP: 192.168.1.10
When using a VPN I can: access & ping the router and all the devices which the dhcp server handled out except the AP.
All the devices which are connected to the AP are working correctly.
I can only ping the AP from the main router, but not thru the VPN.
I could access the AP's gui when connected directly to the AP's wifi, but not thru VPN.
I did use a repeater and was able to access it's gui thru the VPN.

Sound like your so called AP is actually in Router mode. What LAN IPs are getting the devices connected to RT-AC51U?

Sound like your so called AP is actually in Router mode. What LAN IPs are getting the devices connected to RT-AC51U?
from the range 192.168.1.x
How come than I can see the clients IP's on the main router which are connected to the AP ??? That means that the AP is actually not in router mode, and the main router is handling the DHCP.
On the main router at the client status for the wired clients I have: "Access Point(AP) mode" for the AP
So basically I can only access the AP's gui if I'm directly connected to it's SSID, but not thru VPN. When using the VPN I can only ping the AP from the main routers "Network Tools - Network Analysis" but not from my pc, altho I can ping all the other devices regardless if it's the main routers clients or the AP's.

Last edited:
How come than I can see the clients IP's on the main router which are connected to the AP ???

I asked you a question trying to understand what's going on with your setup. Multiple question marks reaction wasn't needed.

I have no more questions. Someone else will eventually help you. Good luck.

I asked you a question trying to understand what's going on with your setup. Multiple question marks reaction wasn't needed.

I have no more questions. Someone else will eventually help you. Good luck.
What's wrong with multiple question marks?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!