What's new

Weird happenings with AC66U_B1-problem solved!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lee MacMillan

Tell me how this happens: had been surfing the internet for a while and decided to look at my traffic stats. The stats were not displaying for some reason and I look at the main screen and it shows as the attachment: an RT-AC66U (not B1) and older firmware. The SSIDs are showing Asus and Asus-5g and there is no password set. WTF? I tried to restore my config but nothing changed. I unplugged it for a minute and when it booted back up, everything was back to the way it had been, i.e., AC66U_B1 with the latest firmware (see other attachment.)

It's been a couple days since I logged into the router but I assume it happened during my session today because my other devices connected fine this morning. So the question remains: what happened here? Some kind of software glitch and made the router think it was an older model (complete with older firmware?) I've only had this router since June 11th and it was a refurbished model I got from Newegg but the 30-day return window has closed. It's been fine until today. Should I be worried about this?

Attachments

• firmware screen capture 7-16-18.JPG
    firmware screen capture 7-16-18.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 259
  • Latest firmware updated via Asus firmware GUI.JPG
    Latest firmware updated via Asus firmware GUI.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 363
have you been on the asus router test page where you can learn to configure their routers and so it has not been your router but a generic one on an internet page?

have you been on the asus router test page where you can learn to configure their routers and so it has not been your router but a generic one on an internet page?
Ooops! That bookmark is right above my bookmark for the router login. I must have selected it by mistake. Good call!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!