What's new

Weird issue with wired connection on XD6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

epyon9283

New Around Here
Just switched from nest wifi to a 3 node XD6 system. Since the router now has three LAN ports instead of one I removed the switch I was using and plugged my intel NUC directly into the router. My NUC is running Fedora server with a VM or two. When I have the machine connected directly to the router I get horrible upload speeds when running iperf or librespeed.

I noticed that the "rx_missed_errors" count shoots up when I run a speed test. I tried increasing the RX ring size from 256 to 4096 to see if maybe it was a buffer issue but same problem occurs.

When I place a dumb l2 switch between the router and the PC the issue disappears.

The only differences I noticed when looking at ethtool on the PC is that when connected directly, MDI-X is on and RX/TX pause is off. When connecting through the switch MDI-X is off and pause is on.

Anyone see this before or know if there's something I can change on the XD6 to fix so I don't have to keep a switch around?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!