What's new

Weird wireless problem - Merlin 384.17 - RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

oldserverguy

Occasional Visitor
Comcast connection is my owned ARRIS SBG6905AC2 backed by the RT-AC86U and a RT-ACRH13 for IOT devices. Both have current firmware. The AC86U network has TVs, PCs, MAC, Ipad, Android tablet, Iphone and Pixel 3a. Both 2.4 and 5 Ghz use the same SSID/password. The TVs bypass the VPN due to the need for location information and the unavailability of a nearby server.

Things worked fine until 3 days ago. My Pixel 3a attached to the AC86U now shows "Connected, no internet" but it actually works. Google support had no idea what the problem was. The new Ipad also has problems wherein the Google app won't work but email does. The Amazon Firecast has quit recording all of a sudden. I also have the "Connected, no internet" message attached to the ACRH-13 wireless. Both routers of course have the ARRIS in common. Unfortunately I have no control over the firmware. I changed both of them the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 DNS but that didn't change anything.

Attached is an interesting screen shot from the router. Note the Rx rate vs. the Iphone. Thoughts?

Attachments

• RT-AC86U-wireless - masked.JPG
    RT-AC86U-wireless - masked.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 270
How is your network setup?

Which router is connected to the modem?

Are you in a double NAT setup with both routers doing routing on different subnets?

The screenshot attached is normal. Your problem is elsewhere.
A mobile device in power safe mode perhaps, here you go:

Untitled5.jpg