What's new

Weird Wireless Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

andino

New Around Here
Hey,

Long time lurker first time poster.

So I got a AC66U a few months ago and love it. I decided to update the firmware today and ran into huge issues. Seems that every time I update to a newer firmware I can't get any connections to the wireless on 2.4GHz or 5GHz.

I have tried upgrading to the 246, the 220, and the 188. Each and every time I do I can't get any wireless connections. If I downgrade back to the 140 then I can get access to the wireless.

It's not like I am doing anything crazy with it. All I am trying to do is to connect an iPad and an iPhone to it with a WPA2-Personal.

I'm at a loss. I have tried upgrading the firmware with both IE 9 and Firefox. I've reset the router after each try. I have unplugged the router for 20 seconds after each flash. I have done just about everything I can think of to get the new firmware to work and for some reason it's not.

Like I said, I'm at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

iOS 6.0 seems to have pretty buggy wireless support. The just-released iOS 6.0.1 is supposed to solve those issues.

NM...

I copied down all my settings (port forwarding, DHCP, etc...). I then uploaded the latest firmware. Then I restored it to the factory settings. I then went about setting up the router all over again and manually entered in all the port forwarding and DHCP info.

It must have been something in the settings file or something because I saved my config and tried to restore the settings and it killed the wireless on me after I did that. That's why I had to enter all the stuff in manually after the firmware update.

Talk about a major pain in the rear for a firmware upgrade.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!