What's new

went from RT-66U to RT-68U, problems …

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nagyg

Occasional Visitor
I upgraded to the 68U, Loaded my configuration and everything seems to be working fine. Now I’m abroad and have two problems:

I cannot access my router remotely. I tried changing the ports for remote access from 8443 to 5020 (as I had it on the original router), but it won’t let me do that. I have been able to get to the Router only using TeamViewer and a local PC. I would need to download a OVPN profile to an android device. Is there any other way to do it?

When I use OVPN to connect from my laptop it connects fine, but it doesn’t let me go out on the Internet. I googled that problem and tried all kinds of recommendations, but nothing worked. I don’t have that problem on my iPad …

my firmware version: 3.0.0.4.385_20839. I guess there is a newer version, but I am nervous about upgrading while not being there physically, unless I absolutely have to.

any suggestions?

yikes. that is exactly what I did. so you’re telling me if I have to start from scratch and enter all my devices manually?

yikes. that is exactly what I did. so you’re telling me if I have to start from scratch and enter all my devices manually?
Yes. Factory reset and configure the new router manually. The "Save setting" file is just a backup for the device it was created on.

I agree the router needs to be properly reconfigured. However, this is obviously problematic given he's abroad. And based on his description, it seems to be working well enough (much to my surprise) that such a reconfiguration would be better left for when you return. My concern would be losing access completely, since remote access is denied by default. I suppose if TeamViewer continues to work, that's something in your favor. But again, given the totality of the situation, I suggest you leave well enough alone until you return.

thanks. i will go with your advice and just let it be for the 2 month I am out of the country :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!