What's new

Werid Problem Router Problem Or Not

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

peterpannboy

New Around Here
Got a weird problem with my dads laptop, we recently got n66u and was fine for weeks until now. My dad cant seem to connect at full bars in his office but what is weird is he can go into room where router is located and connect with no problem. Then can go back to office have no problem once he is connected signal is -50 to -40db i installed inSSIDer to check signal strength and see if its stable all looks good any help would be appreciated thx

Last edited:
If your using channel bonding restrict it to 20MHz only. Also, despite inSSIDer telling you the signal is strong experiment with different channels. Every home is unique in regards to possible interference in certain rooms, tweaking the wireless settings almost always fixes it. Update the wireless driver on your dads laptop as well if one is available.

Also check for latest drive directly from manufacturer. Had similar problems with my intel wlan - works flawless after updated (windows didnt).