What's new

What CISCO to buy?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

s217

New Around Here
What is available:
apartment (135 sq m)
4 TVs with internet (ethernet) WiFi do not use, as there are delays on it.
PS4 (On wi fi)
apple tv (ethernet)
2 laptops are also on the wire.
A small computer with disks (Used PLEX(www.plex.tv), I can not refuse this, cool stuff)
By WiFi tablets and phones

Country house, also have asus, there are several TVs

Advise cisco instead of current routers asus
They sometimes dull.
I would like to combine the house and apartment into a single lan space, so that server with plex can also be used for home cloud storage (nextcloud).

I would like to have at least 8 lan ports with a margin for the future (for an apartment). For the house I don’t know how, the location is always different, then in the house, then in the apartment.
Seamless WiFi would also not be bad, of course, but here, as I understand it, a controller is needed, which will still be released in 50 thousand p.

In general, I would like to hear tips on choosing equipment and access points.

CISCO RV 345?

I would not build a large flat network across the WAN. This means your network will run at WAN speed which is slow. You need to build a separate network for each location. Then route traffic based on location. Don't bridge networks, route networks.