What's new

What couloring code to use with utp 10gbit

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mike77

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Can anyone tellen me what couloring code I schould use for pathologie cables connecting to keystones using 568b to connect to a switch, so that I Will be able to use normal store bought cables connecting between the wallen sockets and my device (desktops etc).

You can use either 568A or 568B color codes - I'd recommend 568B, as this is more common.

The big thing with 10GBase-T - watch your bends, no kinks, and keep the untwisted pairs fairly short, basically about 1/2 inch or less (12.5mm or less). Bend radius on any cable should be no less that 4x the diameter of the cable - which can make things interesting for a drop box and keystone.

With 10GBase-T - CAT6/6A is the media of choice, and runs are short... quality matters with 10G on bulk cable, Belden is a good vendor.

In the attic, underfloor, in the wall/rack - watch out for EMI challenges like AC or CATV, don't run parallel there, cross those at 90 degree angles if you can.

Best of luck.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!