What's new

What does the Asus+Merlin router have that other routers don't?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This is what Asuswrt-Merlin can do best - run on very cheap hardware:

1672705543322.png

The price is in CAD, approx. USD 52 or EUR 48. This model won't get 388 code, but is still supported:

This model won't get 388 code, but is still supported:
It used to be my go-to model for most of my customers, however it's getting hard to recommend anymore, as it's nvram-starved.

As much as I love using Merlin, there are other routers that do some of the things out-of-the-box that have to be added by Scripts in Merlin.

It depends on how much you’re looking to get OOB features wise and how confident you are with scripts and tinkering etc.

As much as I love using Merlin, there are other routers that do some of the things out-of-the-box that have to be added by Scripts in Merlin.

It depends on how much you’re looking to get OOB features wise and how confident you are with scripts and tinkering etc.
I've done my research before finally buying Asus router. Could you list down some of these routers please?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!