What's new

What does the red cross under AP Mode mean?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rana Imran

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
I am using 2 RT-AC68U, one as a router and other as AP. Since I upgraded to latest firmware 3.0.0.4.384_45149 today, I can see a red cross under AP mode. But I am able to connect through AP and internet is also working fine for those devices which are connected through AP. Anybody else facing this issue?

2018-12-08_20-05-06.jpg

Identical issue here.
Spoke with Asus support, they basically said to ignore it for now which is okay for me because I don't notice any difference in performance.
Just out of curiosity is your main router using dual wan?

Identical issue here.
Spoke with Asus support, they basically said to ignore it for now which is okay for me because I don't notice any difference in performance.
Just out of curiosity is your main router using dual wan?
Same here, and no dual WAN.

same here too on 68U and 86U, firmware is going bader and bader with each release ...

Trying entering the IP address of your main router in to the Default Gateway setting on the AP.

Hi,
I am using 2 RT-AC68U, one as a router and other as AP. Since I upgraded to latest firmware 3.0.0.4.384_45149 today, I can see a red cross under AP mode. But I am able to connect through AP and internet is also working fine for those devices which are connected through AP. Anybody else facing this issue?

View attachment 15401

I've seen this once. A reboot cleared it. I assume it's a minor defect in this version that ASUS will fix.

OE

Hi,

View attachment 15401

Same here, no dual wan, and I have TWO client AP RT-AC88U , which enabled a bit of an experiment.

I had one on the 3.0.0.4.384_45149 firmware, and it had the red x, where the other was on older firmware, and did not. I updated the older one to 3.0.0.4.384_45149 , and BAM! it got a red x. Seems to have no effect on performance.

So, that corroborates your theory that it's in the latest firmware, and is an insignificant bug.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!