What's new

What Happened to Spell Check on Reply

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

coxhaus

Part of the Furniture
Can you turn on spell checker on the reply? It does not seem to be working. Am I missing something on the new software? I don't type very well and I hate working that hard.

Spell checker should be enabled in your browser. Which browser are you using?

Latest Microsoft Edge.

Spell checker works on other sites.

I have the Microsoft Editor installed as an extension.

Last edited:
Works for me. Check that spellcheck is enabled in the browser (Settings > Languages)

Rebooting your computer too may help. (Simply closing MS Edge Chromium doesn't really close it anymore).

Settings -> Languages -> Check Spelling -> English(United States) is on and English is off.

I rebooted and nithing has changed.

Microsoft Edge is up to date.Version 85.0.564.44 (Official build) (64-bit)

Turns out my spell checker may be broke everywhere now.

Last edited:
Try switching to the Dev Channel just to see if it`s a regression in your current build.

OK I switched to developer mode. Not sure what Dev Channel is. And nithing changed.

Edge, just like Chrome and Firefox, can be installed off the official release, or off a beta Dev channel.

This would allow you to see if the issue still exists in the latest beta version.

It's not an Edge issue. Works on every computer I've used today on this forum.

Are you browsing with an in-private session?

No, I am not using in-private sessions. If I turn off the Microsoft Editor extension and try to run without 1 then I still have the same problem so I don't think it is the extension.

What other extensions do you use? Turn them all off and see if things work (again, reboot the computer before testing).

I am not using any other extensions. And right now I have no extensions running and the default spell checker in Edge does not work.

If you go to Settings and type 'Typing' and then click on Typing Settings, are the first few enabled?

Also, are you US English?

What version of Windows shows when you click the Windows Start button and type 'winver'?

Settings where? OS 19041.450

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-09-04 154727.png
    Annotation 2020-09-04 154727.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
On your computer it is the gear icon on the left when you hit (or click on) the Windows key/logo.

I remove Edge just installed Edge again after deleteing and rebooting.

And nithing changed.

asksald

Last edited:
OK so I turned off IE11 completely and now I see this on this websites but not DSLreports site.

I think I figured it out. It thinks I am cross scripting.

Still no spell checker.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-09-04 192300.png
    Annotation 2020-09-04 192300.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!