What's new

What is this access attempt on my network?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BreakingDad

Very Senior Member
Apr 2 02:34:30 hostapd: eth6: STA 90:xx:18:c1:xx:4e IEEE 802.1X: authentication failed - EAP type: 0 (unknown)
Apr 2 02:47:19 hostapd: eth6: STA 90:xx:18:c1:xx::4e IEEE 802.1X: authentication failed - EAP type: 0 (unknown)
Apr 2 02:49:37 hostapd: eth6: STA 90:xx:18:c1:xx:4e IEEE 802.1X: authentication failed - EAP type: 0 (unknown)
Apr 2 02:51:47 hostapd: eth6: STA 90:xx:18:c1:xx:4e IEEE 802.1X: authentication failed - EAP type: 0 (unknown)
Apr 2 02:53:59 hostapd: eth6: STA 90:xx:18:c1:xx:4e IEEE 802.1X: authentication failed - EAP type: 0 (unknown)

mac seems to point to a BSkyB service (vendor service) (I dont have bskyb) some of my neighbours have sky, but why would it be attempting to access my network?

Is it failed roaming?

Should I wear a tinhat?

Several between 2:30am and 4:30am then nothing.

Mac changed to protect the innocent.

And change the antenna's :D any shared services nearby (like a distribution box outside on the street where usually multiple ISP's share the internals)
is that all it is ?

Once your cable leaves your home it goes to a point where your ISP most likely is not alone, unless eth6 is the wifi port then it could be anything, ea. an alarm system/solar panels scanning after it lost its link.

if i remember right, some of the cable cos / ISPs /Amazon or Google IOTs were implementing public private wifi off of their boxes as a way to get better wireless coverage ?