What's new

What router next generation?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Stardust

Regular Contributor
Hello everyone.

Now that routers with WPA3 and AX are not far out in the future, there is someone who knows when realistically there will be routers for sale with * final * versions of WPA3 and AX from the start. So a successor to AC86U ...

Or is it still too early to wonder? Of course, a model that will also by supported by Merlin when time comes :)

I still hope they will upgrade our 86U, should have everything to do so!

OK will see, will not buy anything before I know for sure. My guess is that there will be a successor to 86U - if not for other reasons, ASUS will still like to sell some hardware ;)

there is someone who knows when realistically there will be routers for sale with * final * versions of WPA3 and AX from the start.

The 802.11ax final specifications won't be completed until the end of 2019. So, if looking for finalized AX products, you'll have to wait until 2020.

Thanks for info. I will then wait to 2020, hopefully my AC68U will function and be kept updated until then. :)