What's new

What to look for in a NAS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wonkas willy

New Around Here
I plan on going on board with the whole streaming movement and just recently bought a Roku express+. I recently read about streaming personal media through the roku and downloaded Plex to do this. I haven't set up a network yet but currently, I have an old 1TB external drive I want to use for the time being. I recently learned about the NAS and was planning on shopping around for one.

At the moment, this will only be used at home but in the future, I'd like to see if I could set it up to where I can use it remotely (if that's possible). I don't have a budget per se but I'm not necessarily looking to get something that's $600 just for streaming media. I'm also thinking a 2 bay device would be good enough too. I just learned about NAS devices today and was wondering what are some key things to look into when shopping around.