What's new

What would cause one ethernet client to not show up in client list?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

5stringdeath

Regular Contributor
I recently setup up my HD Homerun tuner that I hadn't used in awhile. It is wired via ethernet on a switch that connects to a MOCA adapter back to the router. Other wired clients on the same switch (Shield, PS4) report fine. However those have static IP's whereas the HDHR is getting a valid IP via DHCP.

It has yet to show up in the main page client list. However in my DHCP page it briefly showed up as active in the client dropdown (where you can add assigned IPs). Now it only shows there in the inactive client (gray) list.

Unit is working fine on all devices around the house. Just seems odd its not reporting.

385_15_beta1

I recently setup up my HD Homerun tuner that I hadn't used in awhile. It is wired via ethernet on a switch that connects to a MOCA adapter back to the router. Other wired clients on the same switch (Shield, PS4) report fine. However those have static IP's whereas the HDHR is getting a valid IP via DHCP.

It has yet to show up in the main page client list. However in my DHCP page it briefly showed up as active in the client dropdown (where you can add assigned IPs). Now it only shows there in the inactive client (gray) list.

Unit is working fine on all devices around the house. Just seems odd its not reporting.

385_15_beta1

Never mind, it decided to show up after a couple of hours

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!