What's new

What's my optimum setup?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bradgouldy

New Around Here
Here is what I want;

Wifi with only one SSID (My wife hates having separate) with decent speeds around the house & that can steer people to the right band quickly.

Currently I have a GT-AXE11000 as a main router in one end of the house but struggle do get a decent 5GHZ signal to the 4k firestick the opposite end of the house (my old deco x20 used to be able to manage it quite well).

I have a spare AC88U which I could use to setup AI-MESH with an ethernet backhaul.

What would be my best way to approach this? i.e. I have smart connect enabled but what should my settings be? - any tips on increasing 5GHZ range in the professional settings? Should I enable roaming assistant ? Would the AI mesh be best & what settings would you recommend.

Thank you all in advance

Brad

Here is what I want;

Wifi with only one SSID (My wife hates having separate) with decent speeds around the house & that can steer people to the right band quickly.

Currently I have a GT-AXE11000 as a main router in one end of the house but struggle do get a decent 5GHZ signal to the 4k firestick the opposite end of the house (my old deco x20 used to be able to manage it quite well).

I have a spare AC88U which I could use to setup AI-MESH with an ethernet backhaul.

What would be my best way to approach this? i.e. I have smart connect enabled but what should my settings be? - any tips on increasing 5GHZ range in the professional settings? Should I enable roaming assistant ? Would the AI mesh be best & what settings would you recommend.

Thank you all in advance

Brad

Can you move the router toward the center and make it work standalone? Try no Smart Connect and same SSIDs and see how your clients behave.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!