What's new

What's new in WiFi 6 products?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lifespeed

Regular Contributor
Anything new from the wifi 6 chipset developers and ceiling access point manufacturers? I'm sure many of us are keeping our powder dry, making do with 802.11ac wave 1 until 802.11ax "wave 2" OFDMA and MU-MIMO of at least 4X4 streams and simultaneous 5GHz radios hits the market.

Any news, rumors or otherwise? Probably still more than a year out . . . :(

Ax clients or mu mimo clients or router

Everything available but it depend on the need

Asus, netgear , amplify alien, Tp link all have released ax routers and this ces2020 another set of routers can be expected.

For mu mimo clients Asus have one as Ax 58bt pci e card. Not sure if any type adapter in production at this point in time .

Netgear have enterprising grade ax orbi series not for consumer as pricing will be on high side

Let’s see if any new ax comes with 10g as most current ax are up to 5gig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me the only interesting product would be an access point in ceiling-mount form factor, not an all-in-one router. Also, I would really like 10Gb SFP+ optical interface, which best case may take a while to hit the market, if ever. I could do 5Gb or 10Gb ethernet, though.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!