1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Whats your opnion on ASUS RT-AC3100 Router

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by Hexenhammer, May 27, 2020.

1. Hexenhammer

Hexenhammer Occasional Visitor

Hi,
    So whats your opinion on ASUS RT-AC3100 router [the black one]? Refurbished goes for 139$ as far as wifi it wont be worse then my DIR-882 that has 4x4 and 4x4 750Mb on 2.4Ghz
    Plus ill get Merlin and ASUS gaming features like WTFast network + Dual WAN
    Amazon has bunch of negative reviews so i wonder if this model is problematic?

Or maybe I should pay 180$ for ASUS AC2900 or 230$ for ASUS RT-AX92U?

P.S.

I got the AX11000 for 360$ and then canceled it, I mean I dont have any AX devices, and single 2.5port is unusable.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  2. mike2h

mike2h Regular Contributor

ive had the 3100 since it came out np whatsoever, works great when the grandkids are over streaming and playing on their ipads. as far as i can tell the wtfast does nothing at all - waste of time and effort imo but others mileage may vary.