What's new

Whatsapp video/voice call not working on wifi AX58U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

aloff2

New Around Here
hey,

Once I connect to the wifi the video/voice call does not work at all from my phone ( there is no established connection after the ring), the problem is for income and outcalls.
once I disconnect from the wifi it is working well. ( i tried with a different smartphone and have the same problem)

I have router ax58u with Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5_2 firmware, (the problem was also with the original firmware).
The connection is fiber optic with MC220L modem > and Lan to the wan in my router, and PPPOEconnection.
the problem appear also with IPV6 and ipv4 (i tried to check maybe some Nat problem)

I tried all these solutions I found in different forums:
Disable enable the firewall.
Open different ports such STUN.
Change the NAT Type to Fullclone.
verify that UPnP is opened.
Change the MTU size.
WAN - NAT Passthrough- cancel the SIP Passthrough and RTSP Passthrough (and different option)
Open the QOS and change the priority.

in Lan > switch control I don't have the option to cancel the Nat acceleration ( so I don't try it, maybe there is another solution to change it ?)

I would appreciate any suggestion. Or an idea to solve the problem

Thank you.

hey,

Once I connect to the wifi the video/voice call does not work at all from my phone ( there is no established connection after the ring), the problem is for income and outcalls.
once I disconnect from the wifi it is working well. ( i tried with a different smartphone and have the same problem)

I have router ax58u with Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5_2 firmware, (the problem was also with the original firmware).
The connection is fiber optic with MC220L modem > and Lan to the wan in my router, and PPPOEconnection.
the problem appear also with IPV6 and ipv4 (i tried to check maybe some Nat problem)

I tried all these solutions I found in different forums:
Disable enable the firewall.
Open different ports such STUN.
Change the NAT Type to Fullclone.
verify that UPnP is opened.
Change the MTU size.
WAN - NAT Passthrough- cancel the SIP Passthrough and RTSP Passthrough (and different option)
Open the QOS and change the priority.

in Lan > switch control I don't have the option to cancel the Nat acceleration ( so I don't try it, maybe there is another solution to change it ?)

I would appreciate any suggestion. Or an idea to solve the problem

Thank you.

WhatsApp support mostly useless and very vague which suggests they have no clue themselves but UDP ?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!