1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

When rebooting 87U, 2.4GHz radio takes 20+ minutes to come online

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by JaimeZX, Dec 4, 2018.

1. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Regular Contributor

Subject line about says it all. My RT-AC3100 died last week, after only a year. I was irritated.

I ordered a refurbished RT-87U from Newegg; showed up, all seems well. The 5GHz radio acts completely normal, but anytime I reboot the router or make any major configuration change, the 2.4GHz networks disappear for 20+ minutes. Very annoying.

There is nothing in the GUI to suggest anything out of the ordinary. I can SSH in, not sure if there's somewhere I could see what's going on...?

I'm planning to hit up Asus customer service tomorrow, but if y'all have any ideas before then, I'm very interested. :)

2. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Regular Contributor

Yeah, there's something weird going on. I have two guest networks, both appear "online" in the GUI but I can only see one of them with any device, and none can connect to it. Maddening.