What's new

when was the last signature update for your AX86U ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zero7404

Regular Contributor
my router has been on 2.284 (trend micro) for some time, since mid february ... i force it to check for an update often but nothing has been pushed yet.

just asking if anyone has seen a newer update ?

not sure that it matters, but i'm on merlin fw 386.5. some oddity with this new version is that:

1. i click on the fw version and it's not taking me directly to merlin's download site.
2. i think that i saw merlin fw can check with the merlin download site for an update and flash yellow if a new release is out. not sure if that was recently added in 386.4 ? i thought it was mostly manually done by the user.

my router has been on 2.284 (trend micro) for some time, since mid february ... i force it to check for an update often but nothing has been pushed yet.

just asking if anyone has seen a newer update ?

not sure that it matters, but i'm on merlin fw 386.5. some oddity with this new version is that:

1. i click on the fw version and it's not taking me directly to merlin's download site.
2. i think that i saw merlin fw can check with the merlin download site for an update and flash yellow if a new release is out. not sure if that was recently added in 386.4 ? i thought it was mostly manually done by the user.
I'm still running the stock Asus firmware and that's the same signature number mine shows. I'm not sure how to look up what the latest is.

It's the same on both Asuswrt and Asuswrt-Merlin. Update will come when TrendMicro is ready.
just making sure that's the case and i wasn't seeing an unnoticed bug or issue. they tend to push updates a little more frequent than 1.5 months gap, even though i've seen such a gap before.

I'm still running the stock Asus firmware and that's the same signature number mine shows. I'm not sure how to look up what the latest is.
I have an AX86U on ASUS standard FW and my Trend Micro sig is 2.284 and dated January 8. There is a CHECK button that can be used to see if there is a later version.

I have an AX86U on ASUS standard FW and my Trend Micro sig is 2.284 and dated January 8. There is a CHECK button that can be used to see if there is a later version.
You're right. I didn't realize that button was there. The update check failed so presumably there isn't an update available. Mine says "2.284 Updated : 2022/03/11 03:39".

I just ran the check again on my RT-AX86U and the signature version now shows:
"2.290 Updated : 2022/04/01 09:40"
Just woke up, read your post, and checked my machine and it had updated the signature over night and now reports
2.290 Updated : 2022/04/01 22:50
That would be my local time last night since I am UT +10 and it is now local time of 0624 on 2 April

they updated it in the past 2 days, now it is 2.290

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!