What's new

Where can I buy a replacement Rapture GT-AX11000 Antenna?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Spartan

As I was tightening the antennas as they were lose, I accidentally cut the cable which connects the antenna to the little screw that goes into the router and I cannot for the life of me get that cable back in place firmly anymore.

Where can I get a replacement antenna for it? I searched on Amazon with no luck.

Have you tried searching on aliexpress app? I think I saw a few there for GT-AC5300 there.
http://s.aliexpress.com/7v6FRrYV

The GT-AX11000 antennas have cutouts in them. Dunno if GT-AC5300 antennas will work on it or not. Whether they support 160 Mhz channel. Or else wait till proper ones get listed there eventually. Or you can message the seller if he has stock of AX model.

Last edited:
As I was tightening the antennas as they were lose, I accidentally cut the cable which connects the antenna to the little screw that goes into the router and I cannot for the life of me get that cable back in place firmly anymore.

Where can I get a replacement antenna for it? I searched on Amazon with no luck.
Do you try eBay?

Have you tried searching on aliexpress app? I think I saw a few there for GT-AC5300 there.
http://s.aliexpress.com/7v6FRrYV

The GT-AX11000 antennas have cutouts in them. Dunno if GT-AC5300 antennas will work on it or not. Whether they support 160 Mhz channel. Or else wait till proper ones get listed there eventually. Or you can message the seller if he has stock of AX model.
No those look different, the ones I have look like this and they support the WiFi6 standard:

Unknown.jpg

There are no differences in antennas as frequency ranges doesnt change with WiFi6 which is the only limiting factor for antennas - there are no new technologies antenna-wise, modulation is not relevant for it.
Only optical design.

Last edited:
This is Probably the Manufacturing Defect.

In India, this is probably the most expensive router. I bought the router in month of September and it is July when I noticed the problem.

Basically, I opted for two positions in all four sides. I had one antenna as perpendicular and other as inclined at angle 60. So I am now with 4 broken antennas as attached which were placed at 60 degree.

The plastic ring is so light that it can't withstand the weight of the antenna - antenna itself is really heavy

Broken Antenna which were at 60 degree.

four-broken.jpeg

First spotted a broken antenna on one side
wrong-position.jpeg

Position which is believed to be okay for the ring. The center of gravity here will be close to the ring on top and thence it will not make it wide open with the time and break it.

right-position.jpeg

Advice

My elder cousin is in Maruti (One of the finest companies in India) as Vice President Engineer, and he has suggested that I should go with simple beam or high gain antenna and not this one and keep it as perpendicular to avoid further issues. He said that usually antennas like this have metallic ring to withstand the weight. He designs cars - I am sure that I can trust him on this analysis.

This is Probably the Manufacturing Defect.

In India, this is probably the most expensive router. I bought the router in month of September and it is July when I noticed the problem.

Basically, I opted for two positions in all four sides. I had one antenna as perpendicular and other as inclined at angle 60. So I am now with 4 broken antennas as attached which were placed at 60 degree.

The plastic ring is so light that it can't withstand the weight of the antenna - antenna itself is really heavy

Broken Antenna which were at 60 degree.

View attachment 24726

First spotted a broken antenna on one side
View attachment 24727

Position which is believed to be okay for the ring. The center of gravity here will be close to the ring on top and thence it will not make it wide open with the time and break it.

View attachment 24728

Advice

My elder cousin is in Maruti (One of the finest companies in India) as Vice President Engineer, and he has suggested that I should go with simple beam or high gain antenna and not this one and keep it as perpendicular to avoid further issues. He said that usually antennas like this have metallic ring to withstand the weight. He designs cars - I am sure that I can trust him on this analysis.

Sorry if I am blunt, you do not need a VP nor car designer to tell you if you over tighten the any plastic material. It will cause crack by force. I am not sure about otheres, my distributor provide free replacement within warranty periods. simple calculation increasing gain in one direction will decrease propagation in another.

My provider is also replacing an entire modem for free. But I am not sure how people often miss the points.

1. The antennas will move freely resolve itself when it is tight enough. This is by design. We call it engineering.
  2. Only four which were placed in an angle are broken. Two important physics principles are in action, torque and center of gravity.
Though, you are correct, you don't need world's finest engineers as even Asus support engineer said if I put that in an angle it will break because the force will wide open the ring eventually like in any old windows. The plastic tends to be weaken over time. They have adviced to put that perpendicular as shown in official site. They also said that earlier images were with inclined antennas now it is perpendicular.

Sorry if I am blunt, you do not need a VP nor car designer to tell you if you over tighten the any plastic material. It will cause crack by force. I am not sure about otheres, my distributor provide free replacement within warranty periods. simple calculation increasing gain in one direction will decrease propagation in another.

I noticed this flaw in my earlier Asus RT-AC88U the moment I opened the box. My antennas never used to stay straight up even after so much tightening. Finally the plastic at the same exact point you have shown the arrow developed a crack. I used antennas of some random Asus Router. Might have been early batch defect but I purchased RT-AX88U after seeing too many unboxing videos and asking around here about antennas. Thankfully none of the three RT-AX88Us I have exhibit this problem. The antennas stay upright with no pressure at that point. Almost using them since Feb 2019

Super glue to the rescue?

Have you tried to contact Asus directly?

FWIW - I had a similar accident with another vendor's device (Synology), and they fedex'ed a replacement antenna overnight (free I might add) - that accident was an excitable cat and snapping the plastics on the antenna itself.

(there's something to be said about internal antennas...)

I contacted ASUS since mine was still under warranty. I explained that the antennas wouldn’t stay up. They wanted to RMA the router but I told them it was ridiculous to RMA a perfectly good router for an antenna. Put me on hold and then said no problem and sent me 3 new antennas to replace the ones flopping around.

I contacted ASUS since mine was still under warranty. I explained that the antennas wouldn’t stay up. They wanted to RMA the router but I told them it was ridiculous to RMA a perfectly good router for an antenna. Put me on hold and then said no problem and sent me 3 new antennas to replace the ones flopping around.
Glad to hear that. My distributor here just present the broken antenna and will replace the antenna without further question.

Have you tried to contact Asus directly?

FWIW - I had a similar accident with another vendor's device (Synology), and they fedex'ed a replacement antenna overnight (free I might add) - that accident was an excitable cat and snapping the plastics on the antenna itself.

(there's something to be said about internal antennas...)
Oh I sold the router long back, this is a very old post.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!