What's new

Where does it store the WebUI certificate

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Argh123

Occasional Visitor
I uploaded a lets encrypt ssl to Asus WebUI and it asked for the .cer and .key I wanted to know where does it store it? I SSHed into the router and still could not find it.

Attachments

• 1676164227902.png
    1676164227902.png
    18 KB · Views: 41
If you are looking for parameters entered via the web GUI, you'll want to 'inspect' the html source code for 'name' attribute for the parameter entry field, and then ssh into the router and do something like
Code:
username$ nvram show | egrep 'key|cert|crt'
where the terms between the ' 's would match what you are looking for. You may need to search for multiple acronyms since the GUI form field names don't necessarily match the nvram keys. On my system (gt-ax6000) it looks like the public key gets stored in sshd_authkeys. You will see the files probably under /tmp/etc but they are auto-generated when the firmware loads on boot so can't be edited unlike nvram vars. Also on my version of ASUS router I'm seeing a cert.tgz file under /jffs/ which contains both cert and key, so this may be editable since /jffs/ is persistent.

Last edited:
I used a translation tool to read the sentence because I'm not an English-speaking user.

The author wants to confirm where the certificate is actually uploaded on the router when uploading a certificate in the `WebUI` -> `WAN` -> `DDNS`.

If that's the intention, it's correct. The certificate is uploaded to `/jffs/.cert`.

1697894295353.png