What's new

Where to buy quality power supply for rt-ac86u router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jay b

Occasional Visitor
Does anyone know where to buy a good power supply for the rt-ac86u router? I've had to return one that claimed to be for this router from Amazon. The connector had 2 segments on the outer part of the barrel. Thanks in advance.

You want a 19V 1.75A or more AC adapter (putting out at least 33W), with the correct size Asus-compatible barrel plug. Ideally, you also want it to be UL Listed, to ensure at least a decent level of quality on the internals and the current supplied.

There's a whole bunch of them on Amazon for <$20, and elsewhere I'm sure.

Does anyone know where to buy a good power supply for the rt-ac86u router? I've had to return one that claimed to be for this router from Amazon. The connector had 2 segments on the outer part of the barrel. Thanks in advance.

Where are you located? I now have several spares for an AC86 since everytime I RMA my AC86 they tell me not to include the power supply and they send me a brand new one with a router that still doesn't function correctly.

If you are in the USA I will ship it to you for $10 plus the cost of a small priority mail package.

Where are you located? I now have several spares for an AC86 since everytime I RMA my AC86 they tell me not to include the power supply and they send me a brand new one with a router that still doesn't function correctly.

If you are in the USA I will ship it to you for $10 plus the cost of a small priority mail package.
Sorry for bringing the old thread thats like 3 years old i am not the OP but wanted to ask you if you still have some extra power supply for RT-AC86U as my cord was eaten by a cat and am looking for one

Is the cat okay?

Sorry for bringing the old thread thats like 3 years old i am not the OP but wanted to ask you if you still have some extra power supply for RT-AC86U as my cord was eaten by a cat and am looking for one
Yes I have a couple of never or lightly used AC86 power supplies. If you are interested I will sell them them to you for $5.00 plus postage. Simple if you are in USA.

Let me know.

Yes I have a couple of never or lightly used AC86 power supplies. If you are interested I will sell them them to you for $5.00 plus postage. Simple if you are in USA.

Let me know.
Man you are a blessing i messaged you did not know snb message system has lots of seri restrictions on picking words

ASUS Laptop power adapters work great with ASUS routers. There are a lot of fake ASUS Adapters though.

No, not unless the one supplied with the unit is defective.