1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Where to find old AC68U/R Firmwares?

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by Salvador Santolucito, May 16, 2018.

1. Salvador Santolucito

Salvador Santolucito New Around Here

Hi,

I have a couple of general firmware questions...

1) Will AC68U firmware run on AC68R hardware? I have a 68R and heard that the hardware was identical to the 68U.

2) Anybody know of a repository or place I can find older firmware? I've heard some bad things about the latest firmware and would like to try an older one.

Thanks!!

-Sal

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

1) Yes, they are 100% identical

4. bbunge

bbunge Very Senior Member

If you want to try older firmware use John's fork. I am running two AC68U with that in a commercial application with no issues. But for home use I would recommend the latest Asus firmware. There are fewer issues than some would suggest...

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

5. Ronald Schwerer

Ronald Schwerer Senior Member

Any particular version you need? And as RMerlin stated, the firmware file contents are identical for all the AC1900 models. Just the trx filenames are different.

6. Salvador Santolucito

Salvador Santolucito New Around Here

I was able to find FW_RT_AC68P_300438410007.zip which is the latest version of the firmware that does what I'm looking to do.

Thanks all!

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!