What's new

Where to find old AC68U/R Firmwares?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Salvador Santolucito

New Around Here
Hi,

I have a couple of general firmware questions...

1) Will AC68U firmware run on AC68R hardware? I have a 68R and heard that the hardware was identical to the 68U.

2) Anybody know of a repository or place I can find older firmware? I've heard some bad things about the latest firmware and would like to try an older one.

Thanks!!

-Sal

1) Yes, they are 100% identical

If you want to try older firmware use John's fork. I am running two AC68U with that in a commercial application with no issues. But for home use I would recommend the latest Asus firmware. There are fewer issues than some would suggest...

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Hi,

I have a couple of general firmware questions...

1) Will AC68U firmware run on AC68R hardware? I have a 68R and heard that the hardware was identical to the 68U.

2) Anybody know of a repository or place I can find older firmware? I've heard some bad things about the latest firmware and would like to try an older one.

Thanks!!

-Sal
Any particular version you need? And as RMerlin stated, the firmware file contents are identical for all the AC1900 models. Just the trx filenames are different.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!