Diversion Which blocking list do you use?

Which blocking list do you use?

• Minimal

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Small

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Standard

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Medium

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Large

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters

Ninko

Regular Contributor
Hi,
Was just wondering which list people tend to use?

Feel free to mention any other list you use...

Thanks

Ninko

Mrwirez

Occasional Visitor
I use uBlock Origins (UBO) on my Pixel 4a-5G.

There is an Android Chromium based browser called Kiwi browser. It was stripped of all the "Goog-snoop", and sped it up up. It also allows you to use Chrome extensions, hence UBO. A very nice browser. It looks like Chrome but very tweaked out.

On all my other devices I still use UBO, but on my main PC and laptops, I run it with with Firefox.

On our Chromebooks, wife's Pixel, and tablets it's the same thing, Kiwi browser and UBO.

Edit: Oh crap, I just realized Diversion is a router based blocker. I can't believe I didn't know about it. I'll look at it, since I just bought a new Motorola MB8611 modem and a set of Asus Zenwifi XT8s and 1.2 Gig Internet deal. I'll be checking it out for sure. Thanks!

Last edited:

Tech9

Part of the Furniture

Mrwirez

Occasional Visitor
Diversion is a custom script for Asuswrt-Merlin. It won’t work on your equipment.
Ahh. Yeah I was looking for Merlin FW for the XT8 when I was getting set up... Not happening I see. That's a bummer, I've ran Merlin on many of my old standard ASUS routers.. oh well, my loss for sure. The XT8 could use some Merlin love. It's a wee bit buggy ATM.

Thanks s lot though.

Zastoff

Very Senior Member
I use Medium + a extra list from adguard
Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AdguardTeam/cname-trackers/master/combined_disguised_trackers_justdomains.txt

rexbinary

Occasional Visitor
Is there a downside to using larger lists? More memory/cpu usage?

Treadler

Very Senior Member
IMHO, larger lists cause a bit of extra latency.
Cpu/RAM?

I think of huge lists like having 20 locks on my front door. Does the job, but an excess use of resources.;)
I’m probably a ‘medium list’ person.

Welcome to the forum.

MosNightblue

New Around Here
This is what I use .
1635861683358.png

CriticJay

Custom.

MVPS Hosts + an anti-bitcoin-mining one.

Although MVPS Hosts is old, it still gets the job done. My main concern is blocking ads on mobile websites when I use my phone because my desktop PCs use uBO and don't need a DNS-based ad blocker.

BikeHelmet

Regular Contributor
Yeah, nothing works. Whenever I jump to the larger lists, most websites break in some way. I think knocking out all the Google stuff breaks about half of the internet. :p I stay on Standard and use web-browser level blocking. (Mostly uBlock with a bunch of lists, which I can turn off if I need to with the click of a button.)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!