What's new

Which router bridge to match my Asus AX-86U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

4hR9lIYummy

New Around Here
I'm looking for a router bridge that would be a nice match for my AX-86u. I am using my AC-68U as my media bridge, but obviously it is limited by the 3x3 - 5Ghz stream @ 1300 Mbps Rx/Tx & RSSI (e.g. 162.5Mega bytes per second?).

I was thinking of a TP link AX-73 because they are quite economical for purely acting as a bridge, at around $100 usd.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums @4hR9lIYummy.

What wired device(s) are you connecting that need more than 162.5MB/s combined?

Unless you're able to wire that location (and simply use a 2.5GbE switch there, with Cat5E being more than sufficient for even a 100' run), I don't believe you'll see a noticeable 'upgrade' to your wired devices.

Wirelessly, another RT-AX86U would be ideally matched (but quite costly, of course). I would also consider the RT-AX68U and the RT-AX86s, depending on the prices at the time of purchase.

Note that I have little positive experience with any TP-Link products, and for $100, I wouldn't be too eager to try them again. Particularly with the class-leading RT-AX86U as the main router (and the standard I would want the network to be at after any changes).

Last edited: