Skynet Whitelist by country code?

• ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Marski69

New Around Here
Is there a way to whitelist on country code?
I use blacklist countrycode and see its intensive work for the router.
I would only like to approve a few countries.
Isn't this also an option that many people would use?

Something with:

Code:
ipset -N geoAllowIP nethash
for IP in $(wget -O  http://www.ipdeny.com/ipblocks/data/countries/{uk,es}.zone)
do
ipset -A geoAllowIP $IP

jsbeddow

I have to say that seems like an imprudent suggestion at best: while blacklisting by country codes often leads to breaking more than intended, the reverse, whitelisting by country is effectively saying "I believe there are zero bad actors in (insert_preferred_country_here)".

Do you really believe that to be the case?

agilani

Very Senior Member
Agree with jsbeddow, defeats the whole purpose of using skynet. You are better off finding the offending ASN ranges or IP's being blocked and whitelisting those instead (if you are sure they are safe).

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!