What's new

Who can I hire to remotely setup 2 DS-214+ NAS to do cloud Backup at our shop?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ozark5179

New Around Here
Any recommendations of a firm or an expert who can remote in to help us setup a cloud backup for both of our DS-214+ ??? Prefer someone with a lot of Synology-to-cloud backup experience. We just lost our IT manager to serious health issues.

Central time zone ... thanks Gents!

you could always hire @thiggins or @sfx2000 , with the task they get they can not only review stuff such as your NAS but also review other things with the money.

I do know that its easy to set things up yourself with a prebuilt NAS however if you dont have an IT team managar (as in the position is available) perhaps its time to promote one of your IT staff if they are capable of the job. In your case you just dont have a manager, it does not mean your IT staff cant do the job, it just means theres no one to manage to tasks given to the IT team so it means you would have to micro manage them for a while till you get your IT manager back or someone else to fill the position.

Anyone with IT skills, market research, some management skills and can write an industry standard document about networking in a professional way which non techies would fall asleep reading could fill the position, which is why it is preferable to promote a current IT staff than it is to find someone out of the company as it promotes loyalty especially if they gained the skills required while in their current position.

If your IT manager is your IT team than you need a clearer job title.

Any recommendations of a firm or an expert who can remote in to help us setup a cloud backup for both of our DS-214+ ??? Prefer someone with a lot of Synology-to-cloud backup experience. We just lost our IT manager to serious health issues.

I would try to find someone local that has experience with Synology NAS boxes...

This is not an area that I have specific knowledge on Synology, but I do have a fair amount of cloud experience... I'm a smart guy, and could sort it out, but... I'm probably not the right guy.

I do appreciate the challenges of a small/medium enterprise...

Losing the IT Manager can be a hit - a big hit, sometimes - if that person has a couple of subordinates, that's your best answer, as they'll likely be aware of the business needs already - and then either work with the vendor for expert assistance, or find a local consultant that can help out.

Central time zone ... thanks Gents!

Hey Ozark5179 Paul here.

Found your post while researching how to set up Synology "Mount Remote Folder" to a win2012 server. Still working on it.

I usually use Rackspace as the cloud backup of choice. Pricing is considerably cheaper than Amazon, S3, Google Drive, and HiDrive is in Deutsche Marks. Let me know if you are still interested in implementing the process. Will start email comms

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!