What's new

why can't i disable my firewall or set a port forward?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

consorts

ac3100 merlin 384.7_2 plus apps: diversion skynet stubby using 3x2.ssid lan.qos 24.clients

what is preventing me from disabling my firewall and/or saving any new port forwards?
must i not use one of these apps or merlin altogether?
how do i disable the conflicting app so i can port forward, then get the app to work again
and remain tolerant of the port forward i wish to define.

i'm trying to setup an ip cam i want to be able to access using my wan's url from (noip.com)
so for example i wish to name the service;
"webcam", source *, lan static 192.168.1.123 using port 1234 both(tcp&udp)

Last edited:
Skynet could be preventing you from turning off the firewall as this is not a preferred setting. The port forward problem I think was addressed in the new 384.8 alphas.

Skynet could be preventing you from turning off the firewall

ok, so merely disabling skynet does not allow me to disable the asus firewall, it seems i have to uninstall skynet altogther. that's one mystery solved. so about it not being able to Apply any port forwarding after the firewall is disabled - what thread should i monitor to see if progress is being made on resolving this issue with the alphas. this way once i know it's working, i can test and verify it's also working on an ac3100 for others here who may need it on that model ;)

Last edited:

ok, so merely disabling skynet does not allow me to disable the asus firewall, it seems i have to uninstall skynet altogther. that's one mystery solved. so about it not being able to Apply any port forwarding after the firewall is disabled - what thread should i monitor to see if progress is being made on resolving this issue with the alphas. this way once i know it's working, i can test and verify it's also working on an ac3100 for others here who may need it on that model ;)
This is the alpha thread, you can study up there. https://www.snbforums.com/threads/384-8_alpha-builds-testing-all-variants.49261/

RT-AC3100/CA f/w 384.8_alpha3-g65be6df90
AMTM and Diversion by @thelonelycoder, Pixelserv-tls by @kvic, Entware by Team Entware, Skynet Firewall by @Adamm, FreshJR Adaptive QOS by @FreshJR , Stubby-Installer-Asuswrt-Merlin by @Xentrk.

skeal, since i can benefit likewise from your ac3100 sage advice, i am puzzled by one of your in use apps;

pixelserv - if you are already running diversion and skynet for adware and firewall,
why are you also run pixelserv - isn't that merely another adware variation app?

skeal, since i can benefit likewise from your ac3100 sage advice, i am puzzled by one of your in use apps;

pixelserv - if you are already running diversion and skynet for adware and firewall,
why are you also run pixelserv - isn't that merely another adware variation app?
Pixelserv-tls is advisable and integrates into Diversion. You can install in Diversion by using "ps" (I think). It helps Diversion do its job.

Pixelserv-tls is advisable and integrates into Diversion. You can install in Diversion by using "ps" (I think). It helps Diversion do its job.

oic, yeah, i guess i installed it after all... LOL
vKu30q9.jpg

i knew diversion included entware,
i didn't realize pixelserv went along for the ride :p

so about it not being able to Apply any port forwarding after the firewall is disabled
The firewall must be active for port forwarding to work.....working as designed. (A lot of features are no longer active if the firewall is disabled).

The firewall must be active for port forwarding to work.

thanks, i tried it either way, and still no port forwarding Apply saving, so i'll have to
wait till a new merlin addresses it. i don't need this urgently enough to return to stock.

thanks, i tried it either way, and still no port forwarding Apply saving,
Check your nvram utilitzation on the tools page. You need a minimum of about 3-4K space available. When you run low, port forwarding is one of the first things to be affected.

Check your nvram utilitzation on the tools page.
Memory
Total 503.11 MB
Free 322.13 MB
Internal Storage
NVRAM usage 65190 / 131072 bytes
JFFS 8.69 / 64.00 MB
USB3 Flash RAM
Available space: 26.321 GB
Total space: 27.384 GB

Sometimes I feel like I have enough..from this forum. Let me explicitly tell you some facts:

1. You don't need Skynet or a few other similar scripts of the same nature scattering on this forum. Your router will NOT be less secure. With these scripts, your router is NOT more secure. Fringe benefit at best. Period.

2. Diversion or a few other scripts of similar nature SLOWS down your browsing. Often create a batch of other issues..

So why do people feel like you need to run them..?

Read the first post of the pixelserv thread if you're curious..and many more linked resources on what pixelserv-tls could do..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!