What's new

Why doesn’t internet traffic show anything on RT-AC68U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Khadanja

I’ve tried another router RT-AX300 which shows internet traffic on home page and also shows in traffic analyser whereas RT-AC68U doesn’t. Why is that? Also the iOS app doesn’t show traffic on home page for 68U but does for the other router. Can anyone else confirm what they see on their RT-AC68U?

Attachments

• 8F711C00-7B33-4EE2-84B9-92C981A487DC.jpeg
    8F711C00-7B33-4EE2-84B9-92C981A487DC.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 114
It's showing traffic here and has shown traffic for previous firmware versions as well. I don't use any monitoring apps, so can't comment on your iOS issue.

It's showing traffic here and has shown traffic for previous firmware versions as well. I don't use any monitoring apps, so can't comment on your iOS issue.
I’ve done full reset etc. is there some setting I’m missing?

....whereas RT-AC68U doesn’t.
Shows for me on an RT-AC68U...

RT-AC68U_System_Status.jpg

Maybe it has to do with which "Operation Mode" one uses when initially setting up the router.

Shows for me on an RT-AC68U...

View attachment 39711

Maybe it has to do with which "Operation Mode" one uses when initially setting up the router.
I don’t see any traffic values though in your screen shot? Do you see the numbers changing or DL/UL bar moving?

I somtimes have to hit 'logout' and then login to the router again for traffic to show on the overview pages. This has been ongoing since forever for me - I always wrote that off as something weird with login cookie handling vs my Firefox browser.... Try that and see if it works

I somtimes have to hit 'logout' and then login to the router again for traffic to show on the overview pages. This has been ongoing since forever for me - I always wrote that off as something weird with login cookie handling vs my Firefox browser.... Try that and see if it works
Trust me I've tried everything, all browsers etc. What does your traffic analyzer pages shows under WAN tab real time? I see nothing there too,

Last edited:
1645534149462.png

and
1645534222183.png

Very strange - we even have the same Router (RT-AC68P here - but that's the same as the AC68U just different CPU speed).

I am running 385.5 beta 1 - but I also had all previous releases installed when they came out and never experienced the problem you are seing

I see the values but no graph.
1645534491703.png

I don’t see any traffic values though in your screen shot? Do you see the numbers changing or DL/UL bar moving?
Guess you missed the part in the graphic showing the network cable was not connected... ;) :D
I had taken that one off broadband to update to the Merlin 386.5 Beta 1 firmware and captured the screen cap that field to show that it IS there. Here is another showing traffic once brought back up with the 386.5 Beta 1 firmware. (Its a low speed broadband line, the reason for the low DL/UL numbers.)

status.jpg

traffic.jpg

Edit to add: That RT-AC68U's Operation Mode is configured for: Wireless router mode / AiMesh Router mode (Default). No AiMesh or nodes attached to it. Only running YazFi and YazFiDHCP on it.

Last edited:
Guess you missed the part in the graphic showing the network cable was not connected... ;) :D
I had taken that one off broadband to update to the Merlin 386.5 Beta 1 firmware and captured the screen cap that field to show that it IS there. Here is another showing traffic once brought back up with the 386.5 Beta 1 firmware. (Its a low speed broadband line, the reason for the low DL/UL numbers.)

View attachment 39718

View attachment 39719

Edit to add: That RT-AC68U's Operation Mode is configured for: Wireless router mode / AiMesh Router mode (Default). No AiMesh or nodes attached to it. Only running YazFi and YazFiDHCP on it.
Maybe it’s something to with my set up which is using IPTV but then how was it working with exactly same set up on RT-AX3000?

Likely an Asus cosmetic bug that will get fixed in time. Spend more time with the family and stop looking at logs and stats. Your router does work.

Maybe it’s something to with my set up which is using IPTV but then how was it working with exactly same set up on RT-AX3000?
What is your RT-AC68U's Operation Mode configured to? Are you using the RT-AC68U as AiMesh node? What specific firmware are you running on the RT-AC68U? Basically provide more information about your setup and configuration as there could be something specific that is causing the issue you are asking about.

Last edited:
What is your RT-AC68U's Operation Mode configured to? Are you using the RT-AC68U as AiMesh node? What specific firmware are you running on the RT-AC86U? Basically provide more information about your setup and configuration as there could be something specific that is causing the issue you are asking about.
Operation mode Wireless Router. Firmware 386.4. Hasn't worked on previous firmware's too. Not using AiMesh.

Operation mode Wireless Router. Firmware 386.4. Hasn't worked on previous firmware's too. Not using AiMesh.
Are you running any extra scripts or mods?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!