What's new

Why no new Merlin firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Why merlin not posting new firmware on the database? Do they will no do more firmware for asus router?

we should have a contest. the one with a closer guess to the next GPL drop timedate wins. you know, to keeps us busy. :cool:

@ugandy, I guess on or before November 13, 2021, @ 11:31 PM (RMerlin time). :D

Because there are some issues over at asus with the chipdevolper. They hope to have it resolved in the coming weeks.
@laracroftonline Hint. Click the linked text in the post you quoted.

Here, let me help you out.... ;) :)
ASUSWRT_2020 said:
There were legal concerns for the previous GPL and we were asked to remove them.
We build a new process to solve the legal issues in the past months. The new GPL for AX and AC models are under review.
If there are no other new issues, we will release the new GPL.

Is there anything we can help with? Maybe we can contact asus so they can provide the GPL or we may stop buying their routers
The userbase that uses Merlin-WRT is an incredibly incredibly small percentage. Merlin is in contact with Asus and that hasn't really gotten anywhere and you can boycott Asus routers, but that would be akin to spitting in a lake.

Is there anything we can help with? Maybe we can contact asus so they can provide the GPL or we may stop buying their routers
I have contacts both at the engineering and management level within Asus. There is little more that users could do at this point to get things moving faster.