What's new

News "Wi-Fi 7 Stomps on the Gas"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This is what many people don't realize. And that packet aggregation, MU-MIMO and OFDMA can make latency worse.
Brain washed by Marketing tactics and some forums like MU-MIMO, OFDMA, Beamforming, AiProtection something more. Sometimes they give a testimony like AMAZON Fake and idiotic reviews 'AX is awesome. My internet speed is faster now' 'This 10gb NIC is awesome. My internet speed is highly increased' but they have under 100mb internet.

When those functions can be hardcoded into a future SoC, (if they can) then we'll see another jump to lower latency.

To me, that is just an excuse for not having enough power/resources on the router to do what it says it can (i.e. at the maximum speeds advertised for it).

When those functions can be hardcoded into a future SoC, (if they can) then we'll see another jump to lower latency.

To me, that is just an excuse for not having enough power/resources on the router to do what it says it can (i.e. at the maximum speeds advertised for it).
If you are referring to my earlier post, computing power isn't the point or limit. With MU-MIMO and OFDMA, the scheduler must hold packets until they are sent part of a multi-sta transmission either in the frequency (MU-MIMO) or time (OFDMA) domain.

Granted, the scheduler can be sped up with more compute power. But the inherent design of the MU-MIMO and OFDMA mechanisms mean packets must be held. And aggregation requires building up a buffer while the aggregated packet is built. The aggregated packet minimizes airtime, but increases delay.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!