What's new

Wi-Fi Bridge Mode on Asus AC86u?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lbnp

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I would like my Asus AC86u, used as a VPN router, to connect to the Wifi of an AirBnb condo I'm staying at. Is it possible? I believe I need Wi-Fi Bridge mode but can't find that setting.

No, you need a wisp router to do that.

You should be able to use DD-WRT or OpenWRT to get WISP functionality on consumer routers. Being as this is a Broadcom based router DD-WRT might be your only option assuming they support your model.

Asuswrt-(Merlin) is only available for this model, nothing else. No Wireless WAN option. GL.iNet sells travel routers with WISP.

Asuswrt-(Merlin) is only available for this model, nothing else. No Wireless WAN option. GL.iNet sells travel routers with WISP.

Thanks, is GL.iNet a good option for using OpenVPN files also? That is my second requirement.

This one is a popular model:

See what it does in specs. It offers multiple VPN connection types, but don't expect super speeds. It's a pocket sized travel router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!