What's new

Wi-Fi ECO Mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

khris

New Around Here
I have an ASUS RT-3100 router. i noticed some time ago my 2.4 ghz band started to drop off. tried firmware upgrades downgrades etc. i ended up using an airport for that band connected to a cable. the 5 ghz band is fine. recently i tried the ASUS Router app. I fiddled around with the ECO Mode and low and behold my 2.4 speeds were back. now what is strange is when I have it enabled I am getting 50 - 70 mbps download speeds, on the 5 band when enabled around 170 mbps. when I turn it off my 2.4 goes down to 1 - 3 mbps and the 5 band goes up to over 200 mbps. If I never got the app I never would have noticed this. I have searched around and adjusted my router settings but nothing has worked. where is the setting on the desktop app that is affected by the eco mode on the android app. thank you

I have an ASUS RT-3100 router. i noticed some time ago my 2.4 ghz band started to drop off. tried firmware upgrades downgrades etc. i ended up using an airport for that band connected to a cable. the 5 ghz band is fine. recently i tried the ASUS Router app. I fiddled around with the ECO Mode and low and behold my 2.4 speeds were back. now what is strange is when I have it enabled I am getting 50 - 70 mbps download speeds, on the 5 band when enabled around 170 mbps. when I turn it off my 2.4 goes down to 1 - 3 mbps and the 5 band goes up to over 200 mbps. If I never got the app I never would have noticed this. I have searched around and adjusted my router settings but nothing has worked. where is the setting on the desktop app that is affected by the eco mode on the android app. thank you
I think ECO mode reduces the number of streams to 2, as I recall.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!