What's new

[WICENS] WAN IP Change Email Notification Script

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Private IPs defeat the purpose of the script hence it fails on detection and should have logged as such

edit: Ill push an update with your suggestion, version 2 did break support for double nat (your scenario)
Thanks for your attention

Check your git.
I made a simple pull, maybe it'll do!

v2.80 added historical WAN IP changes to Email message, and reduced number of required nvram lookups to prevent potential hung nvram get processes

I seem to be doing something wrong. Not installing...
Code:
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AX86U 386.7_0 Wed Jun 22 18:47:23 UTC 2022
admin@RT-AX86U:/tmp/home/root# curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/maverickcdn/wicens/master/wicens.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/wicens.sh" && chmod a+rx "/jffs/scripts/wicens.sh"
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  125k  100  125k    0     0   327k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  373k
admin@RT-AX86U:/tmp/home/root# sh /jffs/scripts/wicens.sh
/jffs/scripts/wicens.sh: line 125: F_default_update_create: not found
/jffs/scripts/wicens.sh: line 125: F_default_create: not found
sed: /jffs/addons/wicens/wicens_update_conf.wic: No such file or directory
/jffs/scripts/wicens.sh: source: line 125: can't open '/jffs/addons/wicens/wicens_update_conf.wic'
admin@RT-AX86U:/tmp/home/root#

I seem to be doing something wrong. Not installing...
Wow :oops: sorry my bad, not yours

2.70-->2.80 broke new installs (misplaced function call)

2.82 is up addressing this. Let me know if you have issues.

v3.00 is finally up

I meant to push this awhile back but life has been crazy.

Brings AMTM Email settings import, Email forwarding user messages, and many other changes. See changelog on Github

Script was completely overhauled and lots was added/changed, no guarantees I didnt break something but I did test as best I could with time allowed, let me know of any issues and I will look to resolve as time allows.

Enjoy.

Wicens is more than ready for amtm :)
Ill approach him when Im comfortable and if he's willing.... for now lets just make sure I didnt bork it, and works as it should.

I need someone other than me to run through AMTM import testing, forwarding function testing, upgrading from v2.xx to v3 needs testing etc

v3.00 is finally up

Brings AMTM Email settings import, Email forwarding user messages, and many other changes. See changelog on Github

Script was completely overhauled and lots was added/changed, no guarantees I didnt break something but I did test as best I could with time allowed, let me know of any issues and I will look to resolve as time allows.

Enjoy.
when you refer to AMTM email import, does it then diverge from the amtm email settings, or are any updates to email settings made through WICENS reflected in AMTM/scripts using AMTM's settings?

when you refer to AMTM email import, does it then diverge from the amtm email settings, or are any updates to email settings made through WICENS reflected in AMTM/scripts using AMTM's settings?
No.
As far as I tested, it only imports the values stored in amtm.

If you change something on amtm, you have to reset wicens and import email values again.

And if you change some mail settings through wicens, it won't reflect on amtm neither.

Last edited:
v3.00 is finally up

Enjoy.
Hi. Thanks for your work on the script. One observation: After updating the script, when I run the WICENS command, the BAD NUMBER message cycles. I don't know how to run wicens now or how to remove it so I can reinstall it...

2022-09-17 23_38_51-192.168.1.1 - PuTTY.jpg

2022-09-17 23_39_22-192.168.1.1 - PuTTY.jpg

hm that's not ideal. v3.1? :D
I can look at that, I can't remember why I settled on importing

Ill probably look at adding a config variable to set whether the user wants to use amtm settings and then just convert the var names in a function to work with wicens.

Hi. Thanks for your work on the script. One observation: After updating the script, when I run the WICENS command, the BAD NUMBER message cycles. I don't know how to run wicens now or how to remove it so I can reinstall it...
My apologies, thanks for testing... do you remember seeing these confirmations during update? and then when you ran it again it looped?
wicens1.PNG
To reinstall run (this will remove any saved backup if you don't move it)
Code:
rm -r /jffs/addons/wicens
And re-download wicens from the link in post 1

I can look at that, I can't remember why I settled on importing

Ill probably look at adding a config variable to set whether the user wants to use amtm settings and then just convert the var names in a function to work with wicens.

My apologies, thanks for testing... do you remember seeing these confirmations during update? and then when you ran it again it looped?
View attachment 44263
To reinstall run (this will remove any saved backup if you don't move it)
Code:
rm -r /jffs/addons/wicens
And re-download wicens from the link in post 1
I think I have seen 90% of this text. Only after clicking any button did it loop.

I think I have seen 90% of this text. Only after clicking any button did it loop.
What model of router do you have? Can you let me know the output of
Code:
which nvram

First glance it looks to be looping on the NTP check

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!