What's new

Wifi 6 mesh went down - looking for replacement (managed wifi with TP-Link or Ubiquiti or...)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

prmfeddema

New Around Here
Problem statement: At the start of our party (50-70 connected devices) my wifi went down. Router/Wifi specs tell me each box should be able to handle 128 devices (it clearly did not). Looking for a replacement that will do the job while also provided seamless roaming/active handoff of existing calls.

I currently have 3 Huawei AX3 routers (quad cores) in mesh/link+ setup connected through a wired backbone. Why Huawei? I got them cheap and was/am still amazed at the priced that other vendors ask. Normally the setup works fine but last sunday the whole network went down. Time for an upgrade.

I am looking for advise on what to buy best and would appreciate any recommendation in this area.

1) Area to cover : House is 200 square metes on each floor (3 floors. Garden is 400 square meters
2) 3 floors with difficult concrete. Cat 6/7 cable is available on each floor as a backbone
3) parental controls (time limiting various devices for the kids, allowing for multiple intervals for each device)
4) seamless roaming/handoff while walking through the house
5) ability to connect non-accespoint devices on the backbone (this rules out the asus mesh etc, as they will not allow a switch to sit between the primary and secondar AP/Router)
6) ability to handle 100+ devices.
7) Having 2.5 Gbe over cat 5/6/7 would be nice to have

i am a mikrotik fan (Using a Hex-S as primary router with fiber connect to provider) - unfortunately they do not provide Wifi 6 or 6E accesspoint) - so looking at TP-Link or Ubiquiti.

Any recommendations/experiences to share?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!