What's new

Wifi adapter query

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shobhitk

Regular Contributor
I was looking for a dual band (esp. 5ghz) wifi adapter which has good range and stable connection. I came across these -
  1. Edup EP-AC1621
  2. Tp-Link Archer T9UH
  3. Tp-Link TL-WDN7200H
My first question is, are T9UH and WDN7200H one and the same? or are they same models with just different names for different markets?

My second and main question is - which of them is better...with respect to range and connection stability and therefore better throughputs?

Apart from these are there any other good AC1900 wifi adapters?

Thanks

If possible, go for a PCI wifi card as the performance on them is usually better than USB adaptor. Something like The TP Link Archer T9E would be a good choice. Otherwise any of the USB adaptors you listed will do the job.

I was looking for a dual band (esp. 5ghz) wifi adapter which has good range and stable connection. I came across these -
  1. Edup EP-AC1621
  2. Tp-Link Archer T9UH
  3. Tp-Link TL-WDN7200H
My first question is, are T9UH and WDN7200H one and the same? or are they same models with just different names for different markets?

My second and main question is - which of them is better...with respect to range and connection stability and therefore better throughputs?

Apart from these are there any other good AC1900 wifi adapters?

Thanks

The TL-WDN7200H appears to be identical to the T9UH but for the Chinese market.

I doubt anyone owns both adapters in order to be able to tell you, from experience, which worked better for them. You can try to guess which will perform better based on the available information. Currently, all AC1900 USB adapters use Realtek RTL8814AU chipsets so any performance difference would result from the designs and implementation. Large, spaced out antennas tend to help performance as long as they are designed well. Using a USB extension cradle to place the adapter in a location away from the back of the computer can help performance.

Here's a list of other three stream USB adapters on WikiDevi. Some may not support non-standard 256-QAM for 802.11n so would only be labeled as AC1750 but that's not really a big deal.

If possible, go for a PCI wifi card as the performance on them is usually better than USB adaptor. Something like The TP Link Archer T9E would be a good choice. Otherwise any of the USB adaptors you listed will do the job.

PCI cards are connected on the back of the computer and hence may pose signal issues. I am therefore looking for the corded ones so that i am able to place it in a more 'visible' location.

PCI cards are connected on the back of the computer and hence may pose signal issues. I am therefore looking for the corded ones so that i am able to place it in a more 'visible' location.
But that only applies if you connect the antennas directly to the back of the PC. Many wifi PCI cards come with external antennas so can be easily adjusted for optimum signal strength. If money is no object then something like the Asus PCE-AC88 or AC68 are excellent options (I've got the former and its brilliant), otherwise something like the Asus PCE-AC55BT will do the job. All come with external antennas.

The TL-WDN7200H appears to be identical to the T9UH but for the Chinese market.

I doubt anyone owns both adapters in order to be able to tell you, from experience, which worked better for them. You can try to guess which will perform better based on the available information. Currently, all AC1900 USB adapters use Realtek RTL8814AU chipsets so any performance difference would result from the designs and implementation. Large, spaced out antennas tend to help performance as long as they are designed well. Using a USB extension cradle to place the adapter in a location away from the back of the computer can help performance.

Here's a list of other three stream USB adapters on WikiDevi. Some may not support non-standard 256-QAM for 802.11n so would only be labeled as AC1750 but that's not really a big deal.

thanks for the useful response.

I was wondering about the performance of Edup EP-AC1621 in comparison to other big names such as tp link, asus etc. Will it deliver or will it not? should i expect average or above average performance?

tr
But that only applies if you connect the antennas directly to the back of the PC. Many wifi PCI cards come with external antennas so can be easily adjusted for optimum signal strength. If money is no object then something like the Asus PCE-AC88 or AC68 are excellent options (I've got the former and its brilliant), otherwise something like the Asus PCE-AC55BT will do the job. All come with external antennas.

i agree with you. but again usb wifi adapters get 1 extra bonus point in that they can be plugged into even a laptop or even to another desktop without the need of opening your cpu cover. basically ease of use.

it would be great if someone could throw light on the performance of Edup EP-AC1621. Looks promising!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!