What's new

Wi‑Fi calling

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yaybe

Occasional Visitor
Hello,
I've installed the lastest merlin fw on an asus A68u Wireless router.
Since the new iphone Build and the phone provider supports it you can use wifi calling.
I cannot use it with the asus router but at work, i have wifi calling..

any one has the same issue?

Hello,
Since the new iphone Build and the phone provider supports it you can use wifi calling.

any one has the same issue?
AT&T wifi calling works with our 68P on iPhones 6,6s,7 using Merlin's firmware. Who is your wireless provider?

telekom in germany.
When i'm in my office than i have wifi calling

telekom in germany.
When i'm in my office than i have wifi calling
Wifi calling does not require opening ports, it uses UDP port 4500 and another TCP port(I'll check later) on its own. Do you have tighter firewall rules in your home?

no only the standard firewall ports

no only the standard firewall ports
What's the differences(service provider, router, etc.) with your office and your home? iPhone's wifi calling is straight forward, it doesn't require any special settings that I know of.

that's a good question. I mean in our office is cisco high class Equipment.. 5.000 employees workings in our office.. no clue :)
I don't know why my home network is blocking wifi calling. does anyone knows which ports it must be open. maybe i can set this manually ...

i mean facetime, whatsapp, messinger video & phone calling works

that's a good question. I mean in our office is cisco high class Equipment.. 5.000 employees workings in our office.. no clue :)
I don't know why my home network is blocking wifi calling. does anyone knows which ports it must be open. maybe i can set this manually ...
Just checked Wifi calling uses UDP 4500 and TCP 443.

I use wifi calling with my AC68 with no issue, and have done so with firmwares up to 380.59 - I can't imagine there's something introduced in recent firmware that would cause a problem. I know that's not terribly helpful outside of answering in the negative to "any one has the same issue?"

Had exact same issue and resolved it doing the following.
Forget all networks on your iPhone that use your home networks and disable wifi calling on the iPhone
Reboot the router and then power off and on the iphone AFTER the router has finished rebooting....connect to the 2.4ghz wifi network SSID first NOT the 5ghz band and then enable wifi calling again...should hopefully work at which point you can connect to the 5ghz band if you want. Good luck

With AT&T and iPhone 6s (iOS 10.2) - my experience here is that WiFi calling only kicks in at a certain RSSI level on the LTE/4G/3G network - one can force it by going into Airplane Mode and then turning on WiFi... with the ATT carrier settings, it's pretty subtle - if one is 4 bars or higher, generally one will be on the WAN - two bars or lower, might be WiFi calling - seems they do a bit of testing to ensure that calls will go thru, and that incoming call pages work - nice thing is both Voice and Test work, as this is on their IMS network, not just a SIP gateway...

With iPhone - depends on the Phone model/OS version/Carrier Settings Bundle if the feature is enabled or not, and when it kicks in or not...

Make sure SIP Passthrough is enabled (WAN-->NAT Passthrough). It is required for WiFi calling.

Had exact same issue and resolved it doing the following.
Forget all networks on your iPhone that use your home networks and disable wifi calling on the iPhone
Reboot the router and then power off and on the iphone AFTER the router has finished rebooting....connect to the 2.4ghz wifi network SSID first NOT the 5ghz band and then enable wifi calling again...should hopefully work at which point you can connect to the 5ghz band if you want. Good luck

I reproduced your steps but it doesn't work.... :-(

just wanted to confirm, had wifi calling issues with 380.63.1 and .64 of the firmware. Specifically, no ability to place or receive calls. Appeared both inbound and outbound traffic was a problem, although the mobile phone was properly registering with the mobile network provider (wi-fi on the upper left of the iPhones).

Tried changing the settings on WAN->NAT Passthrough multiple times, all the variations on SIP Passthrough.

I also reset the network settings on my phone, and tried it with a second phone (the wife's phone). No dice. Both iPhone 6S'. Same problem experienced with my OOMA.

I just backed out to 380.62.1. Problem resolved immediately.

Verizon Wireless, ASUS RT-AC68U router.

If I get a few minutes I'll re-upgrade, turn on logging and try to do some problem determination...

Last edited:
I
Make sure SIP Passthrough is enabled (WAN-->NAT Passthrough). It is required for WiFi calling.
I switched from Active & Nat helper to active.
it doesn't helped

I moved back to 380.62.1 and it worked...later on i will install again the newest fw...

I moved back to 380.62.1 and it worked...later on i will install again the newest fw...
Those links in your signature...

SIP Passthrough does not work properly in version 380.65 and possibly not in any version later than 380.62_1 (latest one I've tested that I know works right). The symptoms are that outbound calls work, but inbound calls do not. I have verified that SIP INIT's being sent over 5060 from my trunk provider are never making it through the router and are never received by my Asterisk/FreePBX server. This problem would likely effect WiFi calling as well.