What's new

Wifi crashes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Poerun

New Around Here
I have an AC-3200 connected to my PS4 playstation with ethernet cable. When I turn on the PS4, my wifi crashes. I have had the PS4 checked out and it works fine at the tech shop. So I am working back to see if the router setting can be modified. I see on the web that WRTMerlin has better software, however, I am not that savvy on router software and don't want to get something that may not work. Any help would be appreciated.

1. Wifi works perfectly until I turn on the PS4 to play a game. Then wifi stops working until I turn off the PS4.

Does your PlayStation connect with both WiFi and LAN? Make sure you are using only one or the other.

Are you running the most recent version of the firmware?
Does this effect all bands, 2.4GHz, 5GHz-1 and 5GHz-2?
Does this effect all clients on all bands?
Does this not effect other Ethernet clients?
How many WiFi clients do you have?
When this happens what messages are in the router's System Log - General Log?
What is the status reported by System Log - Wireless Log?

I have an AC-3200 connected to my PS4 playstation with ethernet cable. When I turn on the PS4, my wifi crashes. I have had the PS4 checked out and it works fine at the tech shop. So I am working back to see if the router setting can be modified. I see on the web that WRTMerlin has better software, however, I am not that savvy on router software and don't want to get something that may not work. Any help would be appreciated.

Use WiFi or use ethernet on the PS4 - with both connected, you'll start an ARP storm, and this crushes WiFi...

For Gaming - ethernet is the choice, so go into the PS4 dashboard and remove the wireless profile there.

Does your PlayStation connect with both WiFi and LAN? Make sure you are using only one or the other.
Use WiFi or use ethernet on the PS4 - with both connected, you'll start an ARP storm, and this crushes WiFi...

For Gaming - ethernet is the choice, so go into the PS4 dashboard and remove the wireless profile there.
With the PS4 it's not possible to have both the wired and wireless connections active at the same time.

With the PS4 it's not possible to have both the wired and wireless connections active at the same time.

Actually it is possible with some games, as they can have their own network stack...

FWIW - for those looking at PS4/Asus interop - the PS4 uses Marvell for WiFi, which can have considerations for 2.4GHz and extended/non-standard features in 802.11n space...

Actually it is possible with some games, as they can have their own network stack...
There's still no way of enabling both connections in the menu options. The OP said the problem occurs when he "turns on" the PS4, not when he runs a particular game.

There's still no way of enabling both connections in the menu options. The OP said the problem occurs when he "turns on" the PS4, not when he runs a particular game.

Well, it's pretty obvious that the PS4 is the problem, so kill the WiFi profile, and things should be right as rain...

Well, it's pretty obvious that the PS4 is the problem, so kill the WiFi profile, and things should be right as rain...

That is what I'm thinking too.

First, please consider me a complete novice at this. I take things out of the box and plug them in knowing full well that tweeks are necessary. With that in mind, we cleared the Asus log today, started the PS4 in safe mode, updated software, set LAN connection, started a game and BANG...the wifi froze. I am attaching screen shot of the router log at the time this happened. Maybe you can help me after seeing them. thanks
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (1).png Screenshot (4).png Screenshot (1).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    229.8 KB · Views: 300
  • Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    214.2 KB · Views: 373

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!