What's new

WiFi device can't connect to my 2.4GHz SSID

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LeKeiser

Hello,

I have an ebook reader, a Kobo, that I'm trying again to log on my 2.4GHz SSID. The device has lost all its previous configuration, a full factory reset.
So I see my 2.4GHz SSID, I enter the password, and I get an error : can't connect something. I'm sure the password is correct.
I have configured a guest SSID, with a very simple password, and I get the same error.
I know that my 2.4GHz SSID is working, I have some devices already connected, like my Kindles, my Google and Amazon assistants, some electric wifi devices, ...
What I am trying to find out, is there a way I can see on my R7800 that a device has tried to connect but has been denied for whatever reason ? I have checked the access control section, but nothing. The device was connected before. I don' t have it mac-address, yet.
It's weird...

Thank you for your help :)

Cheers.

Maybe the kobo doesn't support WPA2? so then you need to configure your 2.4 GHz network to use WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] ??

Maybe the kobo doesn't support WPA2? so then you need to configure your 2.4 GHz network to use WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] ??
But the thing is : it used to connect to my R7800 before. And the WPA2-PSK (AES) settings is available on the Kobo.
Really weird.

Look for a way to reset the device (purposefully), or, at least its WiFi settings.

Look for a way to reset the device (purposefully), or, at least its WiFi settings.
Like I said, the device has been totally reseted, factory settings. It was stuck completely so I had to reset it. That's why I'm trying to connect it to my WiFi.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!