What's new

WiFi disconnect on new firmare 388 -AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

perseus

New Around Here
Hello!
I have some issues with my AX88U with wifi disconnection. All my devices disconnect from my AX88U from time to time and after 30-50 s they reconnects and this cycle' repeat infinitly.

368.7.2 Merlin firmware is not doing so.
What to be the problem?

Thank you!

Attachments

• ASUS-Wireless-Router-RT-AX88U-General 2.4.png
    ASUS-Wireless-Router-RT-AX88U-General 2.4.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 58
  • ASUS-Wireless-Router-RT-AX88U-General 5.png
    ASUS-Wireless-Router-RT-AX88U-General 5.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 62
Works fine on my AX88u.
Maybe time for a factory reset, do screen shots on settings as backup, can also backup in administration page in router gui but do not use them after factory reset since it can restore the issue you have.
(those kind of backups should be used to restore to last known good state)

Factory reset and manual reconfigure your router and see if that helps.

Hello!
I have some issues with my AX88U with wifi disconnection. All my devices disconnect from my AX88U from time to time and after 30-50 s they reconnects and this cycle' repeat infinitly.

368.7.2 Merlin firmware is not doing so.
What to be the problem?

Thank you!
By not using Dual Band SmartConnect your router is likely getting hit by RADAR and the clients can't connect to the 2.4 GHz while the 5 GHz is being cleared. Use the Dual Band SmartConnect or set the 5 GHz to a non DFS channel. This newer firmware seems to be more sensitive to RADAR.

Last edited: