What's new

Wifi I think i messed it up big time very slow now

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wellandman

Occasional Visitor
what a F,,k up today hs been....
just tried to install the ax210 ............mishap i broke the snap on lugs off going to M/B too much trying i guess
so i solder both the connectors direct ax210
now fastest speed i can get is 130 dropped from 500
but the 200 back in same speed
low signal 420 on the signal quality on wifi status
tried all bands 2,4 5ghz all slow
i need the leads that go from mb to wifi card what are they acually called links if poss
also do each of these wires use 2 cores or just one solid core

Model asus G713QM (FP6)
Version 1.0
Brand American Megatrends International LLC.
Version G713QM.321

802.11ax intel ax210 6e
AX210NGW Wi-Fi 6E Module
AX210NGW M.2/NGFF

Attachments

• wifi speed.jpg
    wifi speed.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 42
  • wifi.jpg
    wifi.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 40
Mhf4 is the connector on the ax210. The Leeds you're looking for are called pigtails. They're cheap and come in different lengths.

It must be 4 blobs of solder and very small size - each wire has two connections and the connector is very small.

oh my god i may have shorted something out then as a lot said its just 1 wire a side
still cant find that patch lead but found some with the antenna with the mhf4

It's one signal wire with grounded shielding around. It's a miniature coaxial cable. The other ends of the cables are not going to the motherboard, but to PCB antennas usually located inside the display lid. If you messed up the connectors you need some disassembling to do and parts to restore.

taken 2 pics so i need that white and black patch lead new card

Attachments

• better_resize.jpg
    better_resize.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 45
  • blurred_resize.jpg
    blurred_resize.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 47
taken 2 pics so i need that white and black patch lead new card

I see, your laptop has some "patch" cables to the Wi-Fi card. Usually they go to the antennas straight. I see some additional amplifiers, perhaps? You need the 2x cables and a new Wi-Fi card. You got lucky - this is less work than I was expecting to see. Attach the cables before you install the card in the slot.

so what are the patch cables i need called luckily still get rception without attached at all but real slow now
ebay item number etc

Right here are a lot better pics
so lead need is !!!!!!

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 39
so lead need is !!!!!!
Well, you still need MHF4 for the connectors just not pigtails unless you want to bypass the "patch" system.

There are laptop MHF4 cables though with PCB antennas on the ends you just tuck away behind the panel.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08T8F3GDT/?tag=snbforums-20 -- I put these on my FWA box and they work great for broadcasting WIFI and should be just as good at the client side as well.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09PC2D78Y/?tag=snbforums-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FJGM4KB/?tag=snbforums-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09DPN1ZD3/?tag=snbforums-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BHS6YKXS/?tag=snbforums-20

Just search for MHF4 pcb antenna and you get plenty of options.

If you want to be more specific with your laptop model then go for it. If you really want to tuck them away somewhere then get some measurements for the cables and find something with enough slack to get to where you want to put them. Some have adhesive built into the antenna that make placement simple and others might need some double sided tape to get them to stick. The OEM option might have clips or posts that they hold them into place with. They don't have to be located it he same OEM spot tough to be effective. In fact the replacements might work better than the OEM solution ever did giving you more distance / higher speeds.

Don't fall for getting a higher DB rating though as that will work to your demise as it narrows the cone of RF as you go with a higher level.

antenna-length-vs-dbi.jpg

after phoning digi-key usa
found these
on order now but never saw the above post

but if i have F....ced the amplifiers 2nd option

3 PART: 1-2016698-2
MFG : TE Connectivity AMP Connectors / 1-2016698-2
DESC: RF CA,UMCC GEN4-GEN4,1.13MM CABL 1.40000 4.20
COO : CHINA ECCN: EAR99 HTSUS: 8544.20.0000

so lead need is !!!!!!

Whatever you do, don't run the laptop with the wires connected. If there is some sort of signal amp on the motherboard or somewhere in the path, every second you run it shorted out you risk frying it (if not already). Hopefully the motherboard connectors are just a pass through or splitter, haven't seen one with inline amps before (but also haven't seen one that didn't connect directly to the antennas, so something is odd in that setup, 2 inputs and 3 or 4 outputs, maybe just a splitter).

something is odd in that setup, 2 inputs and 3 or 4 outputs, maybe just a splitter).
I agree with the outputs. It doesn't look right jumping from a WIFI to a daughter board. First thing that came to mind was more of a FWA vs a laptop. Then again not every OEM is the best at engineering things either. Like the ones that solder RAM to the board. Being a bit more modular though this still doesn't make much sense to add more jumps to the wiring path to the antennas.

I would bypass whatever that is and just use the antennas I listed before.

I agree with the outputs. It doesn't look right jumping from a WIFI to a daughter board. First thing that came to mind was more of a FWA vs a laptop. Then again not every OEM is the best at engineering things either. Like the ones that solder RAM to the board. Being a bit more modular though this still doesn't make much sense to add more jumps to the wiring path to the antennas.

I would bypass whatever that is and just use the antennas I listed before.

There are at least 3 (suspect 4) outputs to antenna so I suspect it is probably just a splitter of some sort. Maybe it has separate 2.4 and 5ghz antennas, or just 4 antennas. Odd setup. Or maybe an amplifier or filter of some sort. But with more than 2 antenna leads, can't really just skip that section unless you replace the antenna like you say or just pick 2 of the 4 to use. Whatever it is may be fried at this point anyway.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!