What's new

Wifi Mesh in AP Mode: how to add VLAN tag to guest network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AJ2205

New Around Here
Hello,

I have the Asus Zenwifi XT8 AI Mesh in Access Point mode connected to my router, with ethernet backhaul.

I would like to broadcast a second SSID tagged to be in VLAN-3.

I've managed to broadcast the second SSID using the Guest Network feature in the router GUI.

How can I add the VLAN-3 tag using ssh?

My end-goal is this: I'm working from home and I need this to setup the work-Wifi that will be router through the company's VPN.

Hello,

I have the Asus Zenwifi XT8 AI Mesh in Access Point mode connected to my router, with ethernet backhaul.

I would like to broadcast a second SSID tagged to be in VLAN-3.

I've managed to broadcast the second SSID using the Guest Network feature in the router GUI.

How can I add the VLAN-3 tag using ssh?

My end-goal is this: I'm working from home and I need this to setup the work-Wifi that will be router through the company's VPN.

I don't know if this is relevant/useful... it is said that guest1 IPs (not reserveable) will be 101.x/102.x (VLANs 501/502). ASUS implemented this to support syncing guest1 WLANs to all nodes. For tri-band with a third guest1 WLAN, I would assume 103.x (VLAN 503).

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!